2012 is finally upon us and like me you have probably overdone it a little bit over the Christmas holidays? Well, I am firmly back on my healthy routine again and ready to take on the New Year.
One thing I have learnt over the last few years is to ease back into your health routine gradually. That’s right, don’t rush into going back to the gym right away. Take some time and plan how you are going to get fit. Here are just a few tips to get you started.
- Plan your Diet and shop for all your food one week in advance.
- Join a Gym (Paying monthly ensures that you get value for money)
- Make sure you treat yourself once a week and have a ‘Cheat Day‘ (Helps you keep motivated)
- Cut down on Alcohol (Alcohol is full of calories)
- Drink plenty of water (you need to keep hydrated if you are working out hard)
- Join a local Callanetics club (this is optional but if you read my blog you will know why)
- Set a schedule and stick to it (use a calendar for this)
- Download a calorie counter iPhone app keeping tack is key
The tips above will hopefully assist you a little on your journey to a healthy body. If I could give you just one tip it would be to organise yourself. Organisation has been the key to my own fitness success. I know what I eat and when to eat it. I know when I am to perform my Callanetics exercises and when to go to the gym. This might not work for everyone but I highly recommend you at least give it a go. Best of luck for 2012!